Haven’t seen many animation movies, but…you know how they say: „we’re never too old for a Disney movie!”… so I had to catch up a little to see if this suits me as well.
1.My number one animation movie is Puss in Boots. Honestly I don’t remember exactly how many times I’ve watched it. More than 5 times for sure!!! Last time I’ve seen it was Tuesday, this week.
„Looking good never looked so good.”
„Nine lives. One destiny.”
2. On Moday I watched Brave. Great adventure…and great red hair. Though, too many bears in just one movie. :))
„There comes a day when I don’t have to be a Princess. No rules, no expectations. A day where anything can happen. A day where I can change my fate.”
3. Another animation I’ve watched this week was Corpse Bride. It can easily be regarded as a ‘dark animation’. Tim Burton does very well and the story in itself is touchy and nice.
„Can a heart still break once it’s stopped beating?”
„There’s been a grave misunderstanding.”
4. Dr. Seuss: The Lorax. A rather cute story, nice conclusion at the end. Very educative, both for children and adults. Still, as an adult, it was a little bit difficult to follow: I didn’t have enough patience. I needed 3 evenings to watch it even if it’s quite a short animation: less than 85 minutes.
„Because when a guy does something stupid once, well, that’s because he’s guy. But he does the same stupid thing twice, that’s usually to impress some girl.”
„A tree falls the way it leans. be careful which way you lean.”
5. Persepolis. I’ve seen it when I was in France at the recommendation of a friend. I think I have to see it again.
„Listen. I don’t like to preach, but here’s some advice. You’ll meet a lot of jerks in life. If they hurt you, remember it’s because they’re stupid. Don’t react to their cruelty. There’s nothing worse than bitterness and revenge. Keep your dignity and be true to yourself.”
6. The Smurfs!!!! My second favourite, even if I put it here on the sixth place : I write about the movies in the order I remember them. This one is very funny and positive. Simply enjoyable!
„There is a place. A place that knows no sadness, where even feeling blue is a happy thing. A place inhabited by little blue beings three apples high. It lies deep within an enchanted forest, hidden away beyond the medieval village. Most people believe this place is made up, only to be found in books or children’s imagination. Well, we beg to differ.”
7. Ratatouille. After I’ve seen an animation movie with cats and really loved it, I tried a different recipe, this time with mice. Watched with my father. He really enjoyed it! 🙂
„This is me. I think it’s apparent that I need to rethink my life a little bit. What’s my problem? First of all, I’m a rat. Which means, life is hard. Second, I have a highly developed sense of taste and smell.”
8. Gnomeo and Juliet. I remember that I watched it entirely in several evenings. A gnome love stories. Nice, but not spicy! 😛
„The story you’re about to see has been told before. A lot.”
I’ll stop here for the moment, but I’ll come back with a similar post with other animation movies I’ve seen. I’ve just realised that there are more than five films of this genre I know. At the beginning of this post I believed I’d only write about 3 or 4. I proved myself wrong…and that’s a very good deed in this case! 🙂